Mr Jeff is a startup that was created in 2015 by Eloi Gómez, Adrián Lorenzo and Rubén Muñoz, 3 Spanish entrepreneurs in their twenties, with the help of the Bbooster acceleration program.
● The company currently offers home delivery laundry and dry cleaning services in Spain and Latin America, which may be requested through the app and website.
● The app, available on Android and iOS devices, works via monthly subscriptions and one off orders in the Stores, which are found dispersed across different cities, forming a franchise network which is changing the traditional laundry model completely.
In December 2018, Mr Jeff received 12 million dollars (10.4 million euro) in a Series A financing round led by All Iron Ventures.
● This Series A adds 3.5 million dollars (over 3 million euro) attained in previous operations from respected European entrepreneurs such as Albert Armengol, CEO of Doctoralia, Jeroen Merchiers, Managing Director of Airbnb Europe, the Middle East and Africa, and Kim Jung, CEO NX Corp,. The majority of these investors bet on Mr Jeff and invested again with All Iron Ventures.
● In summer 2018, we acquired the 350 franchises in Brazil from LAVA E LEVA.
There are currently over 390 people working directly at Mr Jeff, while the number of indirect jobs reaches 2,500.
● There are more than 1,300 franchises sold but the expectation is to reach 3,000 franchises in Europe, LATAM, Asia and Africa at the end of this year.
● We hope to increase the amount of employees to 500 located around Valencia at the end of this year.
We currently have franchises opened in Spain and Latin America, more specifically in
Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Uruguay, Costa Rica, Panama, Mexico, Colombia, Peru, Ecuador,and Turkey.
● In Latin America, we have pending openings in Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Bolivia, Dominican Republic and Paraguay.
● We plan on expanding to other continents such as Asia and Africa
● We will open in Egypt and Philippines at the end of this summer and we are selling our franchises in Vietnam, Thailand and Indonesia.
Biography of Eloi González, CEO of Mr Jeff
Eloi Gómez is the cofounder and CEO of Mr Jeff. He was born in Galicia (Spain) and studied Food Science and Technology in the University of Leon, as well as receiving a degree in Economics in the National University of Distance Education (UNED in Spanish).
After creating 2 companies, Eloi and his colleaGues, Rubén y Adrián, decided to move to Valencia to participate in the first Spanish business accelerator, Business Booster. After analyzing different industries, they realized that the Spanish laundry services industry had been the same for decades, with little technology and without taking the consumer into account. That was why they created Mr Jeff. When the Business Booster finished, Eloi travelled around the world to see how the laundry industry worked in different countries, and saw that they had the same problem as in Spain. When he came back, Eloi, Rubén and Adrián decided to change the business model that was being used up until then in Mr Jeff and convert it into the current franchise model.